The UIU Alumni Association is a fantastic resource for new alumni or those hoping to get more involved with Upper Iowa.
As a liaison between alumni, its chapters and the Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni Development, the UIU Alumni Association board’s mission is to promote goodwill, create a dynamic alumni program, build loyalty, increase involvement and generate support for the University.
It’s important our graduates feel connected to their alma mater, and the Alumni Association is here to help! Here are our primary goals:
- Increase alumni participation in the University.
- Establish mutually beneficial relations between the University, its alumni, and friends, and to provide the University with support through closer fellowship.
- Enhance and support the professional development and success of Upper Iowa University graduates.
- Keep alumni advised of the University’s strategic planning process.
- Support work of the Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni Development of the University to grow alumni outreach.
Here are a few ways you can be involved:
- Submit Your Feedback and Ideas to Us
- Help recruit more students – submit a Student Referral Form
- Sign up to be a Peacock Ambassador
- Serve as an Alumni Association Board of Director – submit a Letter of Interest
Message from your Alumni Association President
” I graduated from UIU-Cedar Rapids Center in 2016 with my bachelor’s degree in business management and again in 2018; this time online with my Master of Business Administration. I meet Peacock alumni everywhere I go and am amazed at the number of people who have attended UIU.
With this past year being a pandemic year, a lot of classes, events, and activities went virtual. As we start to transition back to a new normal of being face-to-face, we will use a combination approach since we experienced a lot of success with our virtual offerings.
The board is comprised of 24 alums who volunteer their time and abilities to help expand Upper Iowa awareness, encourage alumni participation in UIU activities, generate fundraising dollars, and support the professional development and success of UIU graduates.
We cannot do this alone. We need your insight, help and expertise to continue connecting with alumni and growing our Peacock family.”
Danny John ’16, ’18
(pictured at the Iowa State Fair)